Everyone at Frye Electric is extremely proud of the brave people in our armed forces, and deeply grateful for the sacrifice and service they give every day to keep us free. We proudly hire veterans and we offer a 10% military discount as a thank you for their service. During May 2013, we observe Military Appreciation Month by honoring current and former members of the US Armed Forces who have served the country and protected our freedom.
May is Military Appreciation Month
Are there any veterans in your family that you are especially proud of?
- Military Appreciation Month is celebrated in the United States every May. There are several significant days for celebration designated during this month.
- Wednesday, May 8, 2013 is designated as Victory in Europe Day. This is a remembrance that on May 8th, 1945, the Germans throughout Europe unconditionally surrendered to WW II Allies.
- Saturday, May 11th, 2013, is Military Spouse Appreciation Day. Coming just before Mother's Day, it is a day to honor military spouses and recognize the important role our military families play. They are a key component in keeping our Armed Forces strong and our country safe.
- Armed Forces Day is set for Saturday, May 18. This is a day for citizens to thank all of our military members for their patriotic sacrifices in support of our country. This day honors everyone in all branches including the Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, and Navy.
- The last special day of the month is Memorial Day, which will be Monday, May 27. This one is a federal holiday in remembrance of our veterans. It commemorates the men and women who gave their lives during military service.