Be safe and follow these summer electrical safety tips!”
- Summer is the season for swimming and boating. Watch for electrical hazards around water to prevent deaths and injuries.
- Sailboat masts can be dangerous when they come into contact with overhead power lines, so stay away from them.
- Use water resistant outlet covers on all outdoor receptacles near swimming pools and use GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupters) protection for all pool power outlets. There are portable GFCIs available that require no tools to install and cost approximately $10 to $25
- Keep power cords and electrical devices away from pools. Don’t get them wet.
- Never handle electrical items when you are wet.
- When using a wet-dry vacuum cleaner or a pressure washer, be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for grounding.
Powered by Facebook Comments